San Jose Del Cabo
Homes for Sale
San Jose Del Cabo Real Estate Statistics
- Homes for Sale
- Average Home Price
- Highest Home Price
- Lowest Home Price
Available Homes for Sale in San Jose Del Cabo
Available Condos for Sale in San Jose Del Cabo
San Jose Del Cabo Properties
Available Bedroom Homes for Sale in San Jose Del Cabo
Available Bedroom Condos for Sale in San Jose Del Cabo
Interactive Map of San Jose Del Cabo
What Makes San Jose del Cabo Such an Amazing Location?
There are quite a few great places to live around the world. While any one of them could be an amazing location for you to live, you may want to take a look into some of your options here in Los Cabos – particularly in San Jose del Cabo.
Looking for the best place for a vacation by the sea? Or perhaps you’re looking for somewhere you can comfortably buy a home and live in luxury? If this sounds like something you may be interested in, it might be worth taking a look into the San Jose del Cabo real estate market and all the things that make this city within in Los Cabos so incredible.
With the variety of things to see and do, great homes on offer, and more; it’s not hard to see why this area could be perfect for you. We want to help you to see why you should certainly consider this as one of your top choices.
There’s so much to love about San Jose del Cabo
Fortunately for anyone who’s looking for their ideal destination, San Jose del Cabo exists. Found in Mexico in the Los Cabos region, this area is simply wonderful for a wide variety of reasons, which is why it tends to be such a popular option among people around the globe.
A large part of why it’s such a notable location is because most people will find that this area has at least one thing that they’ll love; whether it’s the fantastic beaches, or rich history. These are just two examples of what you might be attracted to here – and the wide range of things to see and do are made much better by the fact that there are a whole host of amazing properties. This could allow you to live in comfort whenever you’re not enjoying everything that makes San Jose del Cabo so beautiful and unique.
Most residents will agree that living here is simply wonderful. It’s truly a dream location, and one that’s readily available to a broad scope of people, too. If you look at some of the prices of homes here and compare them to similar properties across the U.S., you’re likely to find that there’s quite a big difference in terms of affordability.
While this part of Mexico can be a bit more expensive than other areas in the country, it’s generally more affordable than what you would find in America and Canada. Keep in mind that that’s not taking into consideration all of the things that there are to love about San Jose del Cabo, which on their own make the houses here worth far more than they’re usually sold for, too.
A closer look at what this part of Los Cabos has to offer
There is just so much that draws people to both visit and ultimately move here, and if you’re unsure whether or not this is the right place for you, it might be worth finding out what this destination has in store.
The history of San Jose del Cabo
Dating back to the 1700s, it’s hard to look at the story of this city and not be fascinated by it. It has such a rich and colorful history, which only adds to the charm that can be felt from the moment you set foot in the area. You’re sure to notice the unique Spanish colonial character of San Jose del Cabo, as well as the cultural and traditional atmosphere that exudes from the very streets.
For hundreds of years it was the only community at the tip of the Baja California peninsula. Before being colonized by the Spanish, it was home to Indian communities and an array of wildlife species – and fortunately, you can see many of these fantastic creatures today, plus some amazing flora and fauna.
Before the colonial times of San Jose del Cabo, it was commonly used as a provision stop for Spanish vessels, most of which would be carrying a wealth of treasures and interesting items from the East. Unfortunately, these were sometimes the bait of pirates who waited to ambush the ships. In 1730, in order to help protect and stabilize the region, a mission and a fort we’re built here, and colonization began.
Whether you’re planning a vacation or a move to San Jose del Cabo, it could be well worth your time to visit a museum or see one of the historic landmarks that are in residence, like the Mission San Jose Church for example.
The stunning shore of the city
There’s one major, simple reason why this is such a popular destination among holiday makers and homebuyers alike – who wouldn’t want to live right next to the sea?
Most people will agree that there isn’t anything quite like waking up and being greeted by a view of the ocean outside your window. After all, waking up to such a sight might encourage you to go out and enjoy the beautiful weather of Los Cabos and spend a couple of hours at the beach at the very least.
What makes this even better is that there are a wide range of areas for you to choose from, like Playa Costa Azul (Blue Coast Beach). This beach can be accessed easily and is right next to the Cabo Surf Hotel, so if you’re nearby, there’s a good chance that you’ll be able to enjoy the warm weather, soft sand, cool waters, and overall have a great time. There are many more beaches for you to check out too, such as:
- El Estero (Estuary Beach)
- La Playita (Little Beach)
- Palmilla Beach (Playa Palmilla)
- Playa Acapulquito (Old Man’s Beach)
- Playa Hotelera (Beach Hotel)
Of course, these are just a few examples of the ones you could visit. With such a beautiful coastline, you could even just sit at a local café and enjoy the views – you won’t need to spend all day everyday by the beach in order to appreciate and enjoy living by the sea.
The climate of the Baja California peninsula
The stunning beaches and beautiful coastlines wouldn’t be anywhere near as enjoyable if it weren’t for the absolutely fantastic weather here in this part of Mexico. The peninsula is well known for having sunshine almost all year round, with hot temperatures too; especially during the summer months. This pretty much gives you the option to not just enjoy the beach to its fullest, but also do so many other things that the city has to offer essentially any time you want.
So many people come here for their summer vacations, and while the climate is at its hottest at this time of year, you’re sure to find that it’s comfortable year-round, even during the winter months. In general, the lowest it’ll drop to is around 59°F, although it’s worth noting that in some cases, it can even go beyond 70 as early as January.
Summertime can certainly reach high numbers. Typically, it’s not too uncomfortable at all and is considered to have a very comfortable climate point when at average. Peak summer temperatures tend to get to around 95°F, but at their least they could be around 75°F. This could be perfect for going out and about, and even taking whole days just to relax for those who want to slow things down a bit.
At any time of year, you’ll definitely want to make the most of the great weather here, just as many tourists and residents do!
The delicious foods of Los Cabos
Something that pretty much anyone can enjoy is the culinary delights of San Jose del Cabo. Thanks to the fact that there are a large number of high-class restaurants and eateries across the city, you can find somewhere great to enjoy a meal pretty much anywhere.
There’s no shortage of incredible Mexican-style establishments, all of which offer their own fantastic tastes and meals to keep your tongue wanting more! No two restaurants are the same – and with such a wide variation in just these regional eateries, you’ll find that you have so much choice almost right outside your door. Often, you’ll have the option to pick between traditional Mexican dishes, seafood meals that are exclusive to the tip of the peninsula, and anything else you can think of. Just head down a new street and you’ll find something new to try (you won’t regret it!).
There are also many more choices outside of Mexican restaurants if you’d be more interested in experiencing different flavors. You’ll find some establishments offering international foods, restaurants with the charm and traditional tastes of Italy, unique eateries with fusion-based meals giving tastes from around the world, places offering European cuisine you just can’t pass up on trying, and so much more.
If you’re a foodie or you just want something nice to eat, this city (and the greater area of Los Cabos, which offers even more variation) is perfect for you.
Sights in San Jose del Cabo
As we mentioned earlier, you’ll often have breathtaking views of the shore right outside your window – but there is so much more scenery here in this city that will leave you in awe. Some of the best places to go sightseeing here include:
The Art District, and Art Walk – There are many artists who showcase their own work in the fantastic art galleries in this wonderful spot of Los Cabos. Whether you’re a fan of art or you just want something interesting to do, paying a visit to this area is a must. You could simply enjoy the experience of seeing all the creativity that’s showcased. Art Walk is an event that happens every Thursday in November and between May and June, and it’s one of the best times to visit. Everything is set up for you to enjoy, many galleries offer free drinks and snacks to visitors, and often there’s music and performances to make the event even more lively! So, if art interests you or you just want something fun to do, be sure to head on over to the Art District.
- Marina Puerto Los Cabos – Found near the historic downtown area of the city, this marina offers some amazing views and overall, is just a great place to spend some time if you want to get out of the house and do something interesting. It’s even better if you have a boat that you would like to keep safe and secure. This is one of the premiere marinas on the west coast of Mexico, and aside from being a great place to keep a ship, it’s also a nice area to take a stroll and immerse yourself in the beauty of the seaside atmosphere. There’s also a lot more to do in the Puerto Los Cabos area, which is worth keeping in mind if you want to make a day of exploring this part of the city.
- San Jose Estuary – A beautiful, lush oasis in the midst of the tallow desert, the San Jose Estuary really stands apart from its surroundings with its green colors and tall trees. This 50-hectare nature reserve is a great place to see some incredible plants and wildlife, made even more beautiful by the diverse flora and fauna in the desert around it. More than 200 different species of migratory birds make a stop here too, which is truly a sight to see. This stunning area is located at the mount of the San Jose River, making it incredibly close to the San Jose Marina – you could even check out both of these spots at the same time if you wanted to.
- Misión San José del Cabo Añuití (Mission of San Jose del Cabo Church) – Established as a mission in 1730, this beautiful site is well worth checking out if you’re interested in the history and culture of the region, as well as anyone who wants to see a stunning landmark and easily one of the best churches in Los Cabos. If you visit, make sure you take in the beauty of this structure, as there really is so much to love both inside and out. You should also check out San Jose Church, which was built near the site of the original mission in 1940. There’s a beautiful mosaic on its façade at the main entrance, which depicts the killing of the missionary Tamaral. These two religious sites are fantastic and are well worth seeing in person.
- Plaza Mijares (Main Square) – As the main square of the city, it shouldn’t come as much of a surprise that this area is generally considered the heart of San Jose del Cabo – and because of this, you’ll find plenty to do here and so many amazing sights. Whether you choose to eat out, check out art galleries, or just wander around and take in the beauty of the area, you’re likely to leave satisfied with the time you’ve spent. Be sure to walk along Mijares Boulevard, since this is a beautiful tree lined street near the square that you simply won’t want to miss.
To quickly sum up everything above – there’s so much that you’re going to fall in love with about San Jose del Cabo. Whether it’s the many, many days of sunshine or the stunning scenery, you’re going to find a lot to enjoy here.
The options for real estate
You can’t talk about life in San Jose del Cabo without getting into one of the most important factors: the kinds of homes that are available here. When you take a look into some of the properties, you’re sure to find that there are just so many options for you to choose from. From luxury villas to mansions you’ll see that the choices are endless, which is just perfect for anyone who wants to find their ideal home in Los Cabos.
Those hoping for beachfront homes in San Jose del Cabo will be pleased to hear that there are a host of excellent properties by the sea, thanks to the fact that Los Cabos as a whole has more than 100 miles of coastline. This offers some truly stunning vistas, which you could literally enjoy from the comfort of your own home.
It’s often a good idea to find a trustworthy and professional team of San Jose del Cabo real estate agents to assist you with your journey if you’re planning on buying a house here. There are so many different factors that need to be considered when looking for your dream home, and in most cases, it can be so incredibly beneficial to enlist the help of someone who knows the area, as well as the buying process of Los Cabos (since they can assist with any questions or complications you may have along the way).
Where should you look for the best San Jose del Cabo real estate?
If you’re interested in buying, you might be wondering where to start your search – after all, there are many fantastic places that could be ideal for you to live in within this city (and even more if you’re considering anywhere within the Los Cabos area). To help you, it might be worth looking a little deeper into areas like:
- San Jose del Cabo Corridor – Home to some of the finest resorts in the region, San Jose del Cabo Corridor, often just known as the San Jose Corridor, is a must to check out if you’re interested in living a life of luxury. Here, you’ll often get to enjoy a wide variety of things; from the amazing views of the Sea of Cortez, to the incredible beaches.
- Villas Del Mar – When it comes to world-class residential and resort services, Villas Del Mar is quite well known, which alone should be an indication that it’s worth further inspection for house hunters. With all the services and beauty that’s on offer here, you’re sure to find that there are many more reasons to not just look at homes, but to buy one and experience the luxurious lifestyle for yourself.
- Las Mananitas – An exclusive beachfront residential development right by the sea, this area has a number of great properties for you to choose from, whether you’re interested in a penthouse or a regular 2 bedroom home (although the location itself makes any property here far from ordinary!).
- El Encanto de la Laguna – If you’re looking for even more luxurious options, it might be worth considering some of the beachfront residences within the El Encanto de la Laguna community. The architecture here is just amazing, and the variety of homes available to you only makes this area a more appealing choice. Many people also love it for its easy access to the East Cape, which is certainly worth mentioning.
- Puerto Los Cabos – This high-end community has its own marina (which was mentioned earlier), beach club, and a golf club too – and as if this wasn’t enough, the houses located here are simply fantastic. If you opt to buy here, you’ll truly know the meaning of having everything right outside your door.
- Querencia – An exclusive hilltop development, this is the perfect place to be if you want to enjoy some amazing views of the surrounding area (including the Sea of Cortez, of course), a fantastic private golf course designed by Tom Fazio, and absolutely beautiful properties. Querencia is well worth looking into indeed.
- One &Only Palmilla – A truly excellent, all-inclusive luxury resort by the sea, the One&Only Palmilla (often shortened to just Palmilla) is a place you can’t overlook if you want to find your ideal home in San Jose del Cabo. There are so many great amenities here, from a gym to 5-star restaurants, which certainly makes living here a treat.
If you’re planning on coming for a holiday, you might want to check out some of the fantastic hotels here instead, such as Viceroy or Alegranza.
Still unsure of whether or not buying in San Jose del Cabo is right for you?
Here are some extra factors that might help you to make up your mind.
Can you buy a home in Los Cabos?
Worried about any restrictions in place that may make it difficult for foreign investors to buy in Mexico? If so, you’ll be glad to hear that it’s far simpler than you may think. U.S. and Canadian citizens are legally allowed to buy properties here – although you may need to do so with the Mexican fideicomiso system. If you’re unsure about what this is, don’t worry too much. Essentially, it’s like a bank trust and has a similar status to simple fee ownership, and you’ll have the same rights you’d have as a homeowner in the United States. This could take a lot of stress and pressure off of the whole transaction, and overall make things far less complicated for you if you choose to relocate.
Cabo San Lucas is nearby
Not too far away at all (just 25 miles to the south, in fact) is the city of Cabo San Lucas. If you’re ever looking for something a little livelier than San Jose del Cabo or you just want to see some new sights and try new things, you’ll find that there are a wide range of amazing options waiting for you just a short trip away. Here are a few of the things that you could do in this area:
- See the Arch of Cabo San Lucas (El Arco de Cabo San Lucas), one of the world’s most famous landmarks
- Relax on one of the fantastic beaches, like Playa del Amore
- Take a whale watching cruise
- Visit one of the excellent bars and dance the night away
- Have a shopping spree at Luxury Avenue
The Baja California peninsula is a safe place to live
There’s good reason why a large number of U.S citizens living in Mexico choose the Baja California peninsula. In fact, there are many positive attributes, but possibly the most important is the overall safety. Crime rates are low, and the local government have put in additional work to ensure the continued protection of residents, tourists, and the locale in general. The largest safety concerns in Mexico are closer to the border, which is where it’s most common for people to try and smuggle things into the States. Los Cabos is quite a distance from there, and doesn’t tend to see any of this type of activity at all.
Get in touch with experts who can help you to make the best decision
Hopefully, all this has given you a solid idea of what your next move should be. If your decision is to buy a home here in San Jose del Cabo, we’d like to assist you. With the experience, dedication, and network of contacts our team has to offer, you can rest assured that we’ll be able to give you a hand in finding the perfect house for your needs in this cit
SAN JOSE DEL CABO IS AN AMAZING TOWN.
From it’s amazing Thursday night art walks to the charming restaurants and boutiques.